Some items cannot be shipped via pallet, due to being unsuitable or for legal reasons
The following lists contain further information. However, we hope you understand and do not attempt to ship any of the above items using our services. Attempts to ship these things may result in a refusal to collect and a fee.
Note: If you are returning things to a company because they are broken, damaged, or undesirable, please keep in mind that Pallet Expert is not responsible for the returned condition until proof of transit damage is provided.
Prohibited items not suitable for Pallet Shipping
The following prohibited items cannot be shipped because they may contain dangerous or hazardous materials and items that are a known risk to people or environments:
- Weapons such as firearms, swords, and knives
- Household relocations
- Explosives (fireworks, sparklers, war materials, and ammo)
- Christmas crackers contain little amounts of dynamite.
- Flammable solids (firelighters and matches)
- Flammable liquids, such as alcohol with more than 24% ABV (Alcohol By Volume), and notably alcohol with more than 70% ABV
- Items that include flammable liquids, such as fragrances (alcohol), paint strippers, and nail polish removers (solvents).
- Aerosols and camping petrol cylinders are examples of gases.
- Corrosive materials (such as battery acid and drain cleaning)
- Pesticides, weed killers, and poisons are examples of toxic and infectious compounds.
- Organic peroxides and oxidising compounds (bleaching agents)
- Smoke contains radioactive particles.
Illegal or dangerous goods cannot be sent via pallet
The following items cannot be shipped because they are likely to contain illegal goods and items that can be deemed dangerous:
- Human remains (except ashes)
- Skins, furs, and animal parts
- Products made from ivory
- Drugs that are not legal
- Prescription medications
- Tobacco and tobacco-related products
- Pornographic content (in some countries)